Sarasota, Florida- August 17, 2020. The Circus Ring of Fame Foundation™ today announced the nominees for the Class of 2021. The foundation oversees the nominating, voting, and induction process for those honored to receive recognition for the highest of achievement in circus arts and culture. Voting will take place beginning August 17 and end September 15, 2020. Four final inductees will be announced in early October of 2020.
Those nominated for the Class of 2021 are:
- Nik Wallenda - King of the High Wire
- Charlie Rivel - Famous European clown Artist whose iconic image was honored and adopted by the Monte Carlo Circus Festival
- S.H. Princess Stéphanie of Monaco - Head of the Monte Carlo Circus Festival
- Galaxy Girl Tina Winn- Aerial and thrill superstar
- Kanat Riders - Equestrian artist troupe
- Richter Family - Multiple generation European animal presenters and acrobats
- Marco Canestrelli and family- Trampoline artists and Guinness World Record holder
- Marco and Philip Peters - Skywheel and animal superstars
- Willie Edelston- Trapeze artist and multiple decade educator/trainer for the Sailor Circus in Sarasota, Florida
- Advance Professionals - Under the group category, an honor to all the behind-the- scenes creative marketing and tour planning professionals who conduct the business of the show
- Bernard Paul- Co-creator and producer of famed Circus Roncalli in Germany
- Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe- Under the group category, world renowned acrobatic troupe from China with heritage dating back to the Han dynasty
- Bouglione Family of France - Multi-generation European circus owners who manage the Cirque d'Hiver in Paris, France
- George Carden- Multiple decade American circus producer headquartered in Springfield, Missouri
'Voting for the Class of 2021 nominees will encompass previous honorees, or their authorized representatives, along with the global Circus Advisory Council,' said Bill Powell, Chair of the Foundation. 'The Circus Advisory Council consists of knowledgeable professionals along with educational, trade and historical organizations dedicated to the circus arts.' Interested parties who wish to participate in the Circus Advisory Council must register their circus arts affiliation along with contact information to qualify and access the ballot. Click here to view the online voting link.
About the Circus Ring of Fame Foundation™ - The foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization. It was organized in 1985 and formally incorporated in 1994 to recognize extraordinary contributions in circus arts and culture over the span of a lifetime. Located in Sarasota, Florida on historic St. Armands Circle, inductees are a who's who of the circus arts. Over 150 inductees are honored on the circle. Recognizable legends such as P.T. Barnum, the five Ringling Brothers, James A. Bailey, Cirque du Soleil founder Guy Laliberté, Irvin Feld and Kenneth Feld, Gunther Gebel Williams and H.S.H. Prince Rainier of Monaco are honored with distinctive bronze plaques prominently displayed to millions of annual visitors. The location is surrounded by upscale real estate, boutique shopping, art galleries and world class restaurants.
For more information contact: email@example.com